Monday 14 April 2008

A Cry For Help

As you can see on the right, I've established a gear wish list and a check list of things I need to do. There are of course more things to be added to both of these but it's a start.

The first thing you'll notice is that I don't even have a bicycle yet. I'm in the process of writing letters to send off and hopefully help me aquire some sponsorship. The extent of my journey is not yet clear to even me but I'm allowing myself to plan to China. My dreams are 'a little' larger than that but from Australia to China is, in itself, a very, very big journey. Raising money for those less fortunate than myself is another major goal. I'd like to use this journey to inspire people to sponsor children. More on that to come. My dreams are big but so is my heart and that will hopefully be enough to capture the imagination of a sponsor.

I not only need wheels but gear of all sorts. A tent, a sleeping bag, saddle bags for the bike, camping gear, tools, spare parts and everything in between. The plan is to be self sufficient so I need to carry all the necessary gear but with a focus on keeping down the weight. This means getting quality gear and that of course isn't cheap.

If you are interested in supporting my journey, or you know someone who might be, please contact me through my comments link. I'm working on an advertisement display for this site so I will be able to display logo links on this page to your business.

What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” - Goethe

No comments: