Thursday 22 May 2008

The Plan and The Partnership

The plans are in so I guess it's about time I stated plainly and boldly what they are. I've been a little hesitant because the scale of it is quite incomprehensible. I am goint to ride my bicycle from Australia to Britain. I know, I know....don't be stupid but that's what I want to do. You can see in different areas of the blog that I have already started the ball rolling by seeking sponsorship and setting up a to do list. I've allocated a period of about 4 years to complete this journey but that time of course is open to change. I said in my very first post that I wanted no limitations so the world is my oyster.

The world is not only my oyster though. There is another person out there who is stupid enough to want to ride with me. I would like to introduce my partner Mayumi Takasuga. She is 28 years old and is from Osaka, Japan. She's been in Australia for a year and we met about 10 months ago. Before she came to Australia she was a lab technician which meant she had to do autopsies. How interesting is that!! If you can read Japanese, check out her blog at http://mayuworld.blogspot.com/.

It's going to be a long tough journey and I hope she's up for it. I hope I'm up for it!!

No comments: